As a global leader in alternatives investing, we offer investment strategies and alternative funds across the whole spectrum, with key pillars in: real estate, private debt & alternative credit, and private equity & infrastructure.
We're Europe's leading alternatives platform
- #2 real estate asset manager in Europe and #7 worldwide: ANREV / INREV / NCREIF Fund Manager Survey 2020. Rankings based on non-listed direct real estate assets under management.
- #5 worldwide: 2019 Private Debt Investor Annual Review, December 2019 (based on capital raised over five years).
- #1: PERE RED 50: Ranking based on capital raised for the purpose of real estate debt issuance between 1 January 2015 and 31 December 2019.
- #4: Infrastructure Debt Investor – World Top 10 largest infrastructure debt managers based on assets under management. As of 6th February 2019 The references to league tables and awards are not an indicator of future performance or places in league tables or awards.
30+ years experience
We have a successful track record spanning 30+ years and multiple market cycles. We've launched new products, such as impact investing and alternative funds, and have extensive expertise in business development.
Three key pillars
Our alternatives capability is structured around three investment platforms: Real Assets, Structured Finance, and Chorus.
At AXA IM Alts, we’re able to offer our clients a truly long-term approach. We are convinced that long-term performance generation, which we have demonstrated over multiple market cycles, can only be achieved with a fundamental understanding and proximity to assets and a fully-embedded, ambitious ESG approach.
Global Head, Alts CEO, Real Assets
We invest in equity, debt, and infrastructure across different real asset classes, geographies, and via private and listed instruments.
From commingled alternative investment funds and joint ventures to separate accounts and tailor-made investment vehicles. We provide regional and country-specific strategies for clients.
Our approach provides us with a thorough understanding of relative value in real assets markets. This unique approach is critical when navigating across the different phases of market cycles, providing clients with agility in their real assets allocation.
30+ years experience
Our team of over 400 have decades of experience investing in real assets.
Our team covers over 20 countries around the world that combine in-depth, local knowledge with longstanding experience, strong convictions, and a thorough understanding of capital structure.
Talk to us about alternatives
For structured finance, real assets, and other alternative investments.Contact us
Traditionally, most credit investors have been focused on public bond markets – which are a major channel for financing corporates and consumers’ debt – but only represent a limited part of the credit universe.
Structural changes in the credit market have opened up new opportunities for investors to broaden their credit allocation beyond traditional bond investing.
Our agile approach helps us quickly adapt to the risk and return needs of our clients. And our conviction-led approach to portfolio construction means our team can offer tailored investment solutions for each type of asset class.
AXA IM Chorus
Chorus was set up in 2016 and is owned by its key employees (25%) and the AXA IM Group (75%).
Our team aims to generate absolute returns through a diversified set of investment strategies that are grounded in behavioural finance – offering clients a differentiated proposition with low correlation to traditional assets.
Our aim is to invest in liquid assets to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns, un-correlated with markets:
- We employ a research and technology driven systematic approach.
- Have more than 25 front office professionals, based in Hong Kong and Paris10.
- Deploy both systematic macro and equity market neutral strategies.
- As of September 2020
Investment in Alternatives involves risks including the loss of capital and some specific risks such as credit risk, liquidity risk, risks linked to method and model, counterparty risk, derivatives, volatility risk and geopolitical risk.